For 1&1 users who are trying to change their DNS settings and finding them unmodifiable.
- Go into the 1&1 control panel
- Go to the Administration page
- Click on “Manage Domains”.
- Choose one of the domains in the Domain Overview list.
- Click on the down arrow on the DNS Settings option.
- Click on “Edit DNS” when the menu drops down. Now you should be on the DNS Settings screen.
If, Under Basic DNS Settings does it say “1&1 name server (unmodifiable)” -or- Under Advanced DNS Settings does it say “IP Address (A-Record) 1&1 IP Address (Unmodifiable)” ?
You won’t be able to modify any of these DNS settings if you’ve ever used the WebsiteBuilder tool on that domain. Simply go to your account and delete the WebsiteBuilder service from your account. You should now be able to edit the DNS settings.