I’m currently looking for a new domain registrar for my domains.
I’m not ready to share the details of why I’m looking, but I am looking. I want to research and gather feedback before I make a choice and actually start moving domains.
The following are important to me in selecting a new registrar:
- US-based, or a has a US business office.
- Phone support (or chat support) available.
- Price, of course
- Must handle .com, .net, .org, .us TLDs at the very least.
- Ability to store a credit card for automatic renewal
- Is primarily a registrar, not primarily a hosting provider.
I would prefer not to consider GoDaddy as an option because of the elephant shooting incident, but I’ll entertain discussion on the subject.
Have a suggestion for a registrar? Please leave me a comment below. I would appreciate hearing the name of your suggestion, an optional URL, and why you like or suggest the registrar.